FENCES (RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL)
Permit Application Requirements:
- Site Plan – Draw an aerial view of the property and the location of the new fence and any existing fencing. You will need a permit to replace an existing fence that follows the same property lines. Please include the material as well: wood, chain link, vinyl, etc.
- Application – must be completed and approved.
APPLICATION AND FEES
Complete the Building Permit Application with one (1) copy of the site plan. Approval usually takes two (2) to five (5) business days. Upon approval you will be contacted via phone or email and to pick-up permit and pay the permit fee. Starting construction without proper permitting can result in fines and/or increased permit fees.
- Final Inspection, call 254-326-8341 to schedule an inspection upon completion.
- Building Inspector may make additional site visits.
BASIC GUIDELINES (This does not represent a conclusive list of requirements)
- All fences including new and/or replacement must be of approved material and permitted. Construction cannot begin prior to permit issuance.
- No Electrified Fences, No Barbed Wire Fence, No Climbable Fences
- Maximum fence height 6 feet.
- No fences in front of front build line of the house.
- No fences across property lines.
- Fences at street intersections must be approved for visibility conditions.
- Fences across alley ways and/or utility easements must be approved.
EXAMPLE SITE PLAN