Texas Heritage Trails
The Texas Historical Commission’s award-winning Texas Heritage Trails Program encourages communities, heritage regions, and the state to partner and promote Texas’ historic and cultural resources. This economic development initiative coordinates with local preservation efforts and statewide marketing campaigns to increase heritage tourism across the great state of Texas. This, in turn, supports the commission’s mission to protect and preserve the state’s historic and prehistoric resources for the use, education, economic benefit, and enjoyment of present and future generations.
Clifton is a proud partner with the Texas Historical Commission and is featured on two Texas Heritage Trails. Clifton is also a stop on the Prehistoric Trail designated by Prehistoric Texas and the legendary Chisholm Trail. Learn more about Clifton and other great Texas cities by exploring the Texas’ historic trails.
- Brazos Trail Region | Participant in the Texas Historical Commission’s Texas Heritage Trails Program (texasbrazostrail.com)
- Chisholm Trail | Brazos Trail Region (texasbrazostrail.com)
- Lakes Trail Region | Participant in the Texas Historical Commission’s Texas Heritage Trails Program (texaslakestrail.com)
- Texas Heritage Trails | THC.Texas.gov – Texas Historical Commission
- Texas Dinosaurs – Prehistoric Texas Trail